Bergen Home Care & Nursing, Inc. offers a
◈ HOME HEALTH AIDE CERTIFICATION COURSE ◈
Certified Home Health Aides (CHHA) are in demand in the workforce due to the increasing need to provide care for patients in the homes This care has shown to decrease hospital stay and to permit the patient to be cared for in familiar, comfortable environmental. This 76 hours course is approved by NJ State Board of Nursing and follows an outlined curriculum set by the credentialing agency. This course provides skills training specific to home and hospice patient populations and requires 60 hours of classroom and 16 hours of clinical laboratory instruction. Students will learn to care for the ill and disabled individuals confined to their home or as a private care assistant in a nursing home environment and be able to:
- Perform selected direct patient care skills
- Assist a patient with daily hygiene needs and personal grooming
- Observe and report health status to supervising Registered Nurse
- Prepare meals and recognize proper nutrition according to life stages
- Identify appropriate activity level according to life stages
- Identify the importance of spiritual needs of the patients
- Identify and employee appropriate communication skills
Tuition reimbursement is possible.Textbook provided. Upon completion of the course, students must complete a skills evaluation and written test administrated by CSI.
Please be advised that all students will be fingerprinted and must submit to a criminal background check in order to register and become certified though the New Jersey Department of Health Services. This requires additional fees not reflected in the tuition.
Go to CHHA TRAINING CLASS ONLINE APPLICATION→
C O U R S E F E E S
Administrative Fee: $50.00
Work Book: $40.00
**We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and all major credit cards**
We accept financing from the New Jersey Workforce Development Board
✔ We also offer Reinstatement Certification, contact us for more information.